One thing I’ve always struggled with while tasting all of these great brews over the years can be summed up in a simple question. What makes this beer good and why is it unique? Sure it tastes good…or maybe it doesn’t. It may be a perfect example of a particular style…or maybe it has a twist. I think each beer is unique and to fully appreciate craft beer for what it is, you have to ask yourself, “Why?”Continue reading “How to appreciate craft beer”
So let’s try this website thing again shall we?
Now that I’m further along in my work, hobbies, and life in general, I have some ideas on what I want for my website. So here are the goals:
- Blog – General thoughts about life and whatnots. More personal and less business-like structure that just becomes a place to jot down thoughts and ideas
- Quality – Since the company I work for has gotten through our ISO 9001:2015 program successfully, I feel like there’s some info I can share here for other people who were me 3 years ago.
- Beer – Still a passion of mine. While I don’t brew nearly as much as I’d like to, I’d like a place to share interesting articles related to the beer world and related ideas.
- Resume – Not sure if I’ll make it public but a page to host my resume and keep track of my work history and achievements.
- WordPress 5.0 – learn more about formatting and understand the new 5.0 updates instead of just winging it every time I log on here.
I think that’s enough. I’ll start with the blog and its format to be easily read. I struggled with using categories in the past because I try to make things too structured. So let’s see if I can make this easier for me. Onwards!